Our upcoming poetry anthology is “MOTHER’S EMBRACE: A collection of literary works for all Mothers that went through Labor to bring their children into the world”. We are on the lookout for unpublished poems in the English language. Our hope is to capture both the Labor Day and Mother’s Day celebrations for every Mom we know, don’t know, or Mom to be, whether laboring in the hospital or working mom somewhere.
• Poets may submit a maximum of 3 poems and/or 1 short story (400-600 words)
• Poems must be only 4 to 5 stanzas in the English language.
• We only accept new works and will not accept any work that was previously published in any anthology (poems that have been posted on Facebook that have not been accepted by online or print anthologies or journals are eligible).
1. Copy your submissions to an email as a single document and email it to email@example.com. or you may use the form below. The subject of the email should be [Submission: Mother’s Embrace]. All other titles will be considered and the anthology title (“Mother’s Embrace”) will not be accepted. In the body of your email, please include your bio of not more than 50 words written in Third person format
2. The deadline that your poems should reach us is 10th April 2022. The anthology will be published by McKinley Publishing Hub and we hope to launch it by May 1st.
3. Please no pdf attachments.
4. Those who completed the submission form will receive notification of their submission status (accepted/declined) via email within 48-72 hours.
We look forward to receiving work that depicts eclectic styles and interests!