Our upcoming poetry anthology is “MOTHER’S EMBRACE: A collection of literary works for all Mothers that went through Labor to bring their children into the world”. We are on the lookout for unpublished poems in the English language. Our hope is to capture both the Labor Day and Mother’s Day celebrations for every Mom we know, don’t know, or Mom to be, whether laboring in the hospital or working mom somewhere.
• Poets may submit a maximum of 3 poems and/or 1 short story (400-600 words)
• Poems must be only 4 to 5 stanzas in the English language.
• We only accept new works and will not accept any work that was previously published in any anthology (poems that have been posted on Facebook that have not been accepted by online or print anthologies or journals are eligible).
1. Copy your submissions to an email as a single document and email it to email@example.com. or you may use the form below. The subject of the email should be [Submission: Mother’s Embrace]. All other titles will be considered and the anthology title (“Mother’s Embrace”) will not be accepted. In the body of your email, please include your bio of not more than 50 words written in Third person format
2. The deadline that your poems should reach us is 10th April 2022. The anthology will be published by McKinley Publishing Hub and we hope to launch it by May 1st.
3. Please no pdf attachments.
4. Those who completed the submission form will receive notification of their submission status (accepted/declined) via email within 48-72 hours.
We look forward to receiving work that depicts eclectic styles and interests!
We are the three Magis of the MCKINLEY PUBLISHING HUB. And our birthday gifts to Baby Jesus on His BIRTHDAY are “Saving the World, One Poem at a Time”, “All I Want For Christmas” and “Hiling Sa Araw Ng Pasko” anthology books.
Let us see the destiny ahead of us and not be short-sighted by simply living for this world and for ourselves or to keep on regretting about our past. Let us come back to God by seeking repentance. God is our Father and He will bring us back to him.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!! Let us democratize access to publications by offering aspiring authors easier and more economical alternative to traditional publishing. We aim to encourage more people especially the younger generation to put their literary talents and skills into good use by writing and publishing their own books via the self-publishing route.
May the God-Baby Jesus bless us. He who after being born poor, became a poor fugitive baby too, hunted for threatening the violent world with His gentleness and love and saving Graces!
THE MCKINLEY PUBLISHING HUB is founded in the Pearl of the Orient: PHILIPPINES. Literally, McKinley is a street name where one of the three founders of the publishing company lives. In the context of Philippine History, “McKinley” are the Filipino Ilustrados who fought for freedom and real progress in the Philippines way back during the colonization era of Spain and America in our land. Ilustrados are the enlightened ones, not necessarily rich but surely educated formally (like Jose Rizal) or self-taught (like Andres Bonifacio or Emilio Jacinto or Josefa Llanes Escoda). They held the “enlightenment torch” to light and lead the way for Filipinos living in the “dark” towards a bright future full of hope.
Fast forward to now, 2021 which is a century hence plus some more decades after Rizal, Bonifacio, and Escoda. There is this new batch of self-published-Ilustrados again. Don Luman-ag, Dexter Amoroso, and Eureka Cambonga Bianzon Robey are these new self-published-Ilustrados. They believe that there is hope in self-publishing not only for the Filipinos but for the whole world. This time, Don, Dex, and Eureka will see to it that they will not be misunderstood (because they are good communicators). This time they will also commit not to fail (because they have a passion for excellence).
Besides, real heroism for them is not to put themselves on top of pedestals but for them to make more heroes of this new revolution in publishing. More heroes advocate the democratization of opportunities and progress in businesses, learning institutions, and in individuals. ALL THESE THROUGH MCKINLEY PUBLISHING HUB. Welcome us as we dynamically adapt so that you all can excel and achieve your dream of becoming a published author.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
To protect aspiring authors from being exploited and victimized by unscrupulous individuals, business entities and big industry players.
As an alternative to traditional publishing to encourage more Filipinos especially the younger generation to put their talents and skills into good use by writing and publishing their own books via the self-publishing route.
Stimulate and revitalize our country’s book industry with the noble goal of producing future Pulitzer Prize winners and international best-sellers by Filipino authors.
To spark especially in our youth interest and love for books and literary arts in general and to encourage them to excel in their respective niches.
To bring honor to the country, leave a legacy, and contribute to nation-building