The focus of our first anthology for the year 2023 is myths and legends, drawn from how different cultures all around the world represent their fears, although of course stories and poems on magic, supernatural powers, monsters, heroes, dwarves, spirits, giants, vampires, epic journeys, strange worlds will also be considered.
Our goal is to compile some of the best modern short mythic retellings and reinventions of legends from various authors around the world. Whether you are an award-winning/bestselling author, acclaimed storyteller/poet, or exciting new talent, you can offer readers new ways to interpret and understand the world. Adventure with us on these Mythic Journeys.
We are on the lookout for unpublished poems and stories about myths and legends in the English language. Myths and legends are the oldest stories, part of our collective consciousness, and the source from which all fiction flows. Full of magic, supernatural powers, monsters, heroes, epic journeys, strange worlds, and a vast imagination, they are fantasies so compelling we want to believe them true.
• Authors may submit one short story of 400-600 words in the English language + a drawing inspired by your stories on folktales, fairytales, tall tales, legends, and myths that cast a child — not an adult — as the clever problem-solver.
• Poems must be only 4 to 5 stanzas in the English language + drawing inspired by your poem on folktales, fairytales, tall tales, legends, and myths that cast a child — not an adult — as the clever problem-solver.
• We only accept new works and will not accept any work that was previously published in any anthology (poems or stories that have been posted on Facebook that have not been accepted by online or print anthologies or journals are eligible).
• The contributor with the best beast (illustration) will be the official book cover of this anthology.
1. Copy your submissions to an email as a single document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be [Submission: Myths & Legends]. All other titles will be considered, and the anthology title (“Myths & Legends”) will not be accepted. In the body of your email, please include your bio of not more than 50 words written in third person format ( if you submitted your Bio to previous Anthologies, please submit your Bio again, a submission without a Bio will be declined without notice. If you have someone else draw, please also provide the artist’s Bio so that we can also give him/her proper credit and a certificate.)
2. The deadline for your poems/stories should reach us is 10th January 2023. The anthology will be published by McKinley Publishing Hub and we hope to launch it in the first quarter of 2023.
3. Please no pdf attachments. We won’t be notifying you if you submitted a pdf format, please know that it will automatically be rejected.
4. Those who sent their submission via email will receive notification that the MPH team has received your submissions, via email on January 2023. However, the review process may take up to eight weeks. We will contact you once a decision whether accepted or rejected has been reached.
We look forward to receiving work that depicts eclectic styles and interests!
Mga Tulang Pamasko , Alay ng mga Makatang Pilipino
Christmas day is the most awaited day of the whole year. It is also the time of wishes such as a wish to see the world, a wish to end the pandemic, a friend wish, a food wish, or Noche Buena. Although many wishes remain, some have already been fulfilled; such as Lechon, Bibingka, Pinoy-style spaghetti, Leche flan, Puto-bumbong, lumpia and chocolate. But more than that … The baby Jesus was born. Merry Christmas!
McKinleyPublishingHub.com greets all our published authors, clients, supporters and friends a blessed and wonderful Christmas!